- Dr. K. Cooper, Barton. G., Dr. L. Alexander. 2016. An exploration of physical activity and well-being in university employees. Perspectives in Public Health.
- Barton. G. 2014. Health awareness offers a lesson in life. Scotsman Newspaper article. Available from: http://www.scotsman.com/news/health-awareness-offers-a-lesson-in-life-1-3492650
- Barton. G. 2014. Health Promotion Settings – An Opportunity to Improve Health. Commissioned by Health Promotion Forum. New Zealand. http://www.hauora.co.nz/publications.html
- Miller. I., and Barton. G., 2013. play@home in practice: health visitors’ Views of perceived facilitators and barriers to programme implementation. Community Practitioner, 2013; 86(7): 30–33.
- Barton, G., 2013. Focus on health risks: all workplace risks should be integrated into an employer’s health and wellbeing strategy. Integrating health risks into a wellbeing strategy. Workplace health, April, p. 19.
- Strachan G, Hancock E, Wright G., An Evaluation of whether participants in a community health intervention programme have experienced improvements in their health and wellbeing. Health Education International.